The coordination of research activities on atmospheric icing, the creation of a critical mass of researchers, and the
pooling of expertise and equipment are among the primary objectives of CenGivre. The role of the Centre can be described as follows:
- Make available resources and support to the individual research units.
- Allow for more efficient use and maintenance of equipment.
- Ensure the sharing of information and expertise between research units.
- Apply for Strategic Project Grants.
- Create a niche for research in power network engineering.
- Attract new students and renowned researchers.
- Training of highly qualified personnel to ensure relief.
- Consolidate the international leadership of UQAC in the field of atmospheric icing.